Travels to see Kasim

This is my online diary of my trips to see Kasim.
I'm really writing this diary for (a) myself and (b) my friends but I know that other people will hit it too so feel free to browse around! Just remember that this is the way that I choose to live part of my life - I don't make judgements on the way your live your life so kindly show me the same respect.

Click the envelope icon to have the posts sent to your e-mail account.

Thursday, March 03, 2005

Meat Loaf UK Tickets go on sale

What a nightmare / fiasco that was!
At 5.15am yesterday morning we were told that tickets would go on sale yesterday at 9.00am....they didn't!
We then received a letter to say that as we had used TicketLine to purchase tickets for the last tour, we could book a day in advance (today as opposed to Friday) but the telephone number they gave was just the general booking number!
I rang TicketLine at exactly 9.00am this morning and wasn't even asked for my details so obviously anybody could have rung at that time! As they didn't accept my debit card, I then rang TicketMaster and they just said that I could book tickets. Later someone posted that they booked using their priority booking number but in fact anyone could have booked! The tickets just don't go online until tomorrow.
By this time it was 9.01am and the guy told me that all the Gold Circle (reserved) seating for Leeds Castle had already been sold out!!! In a minute?!! This is Meat Loaf we're talking about! He said that he thought they may have gone on sale to "the fan club" yesterday. Other than if the Official Fan Club put all these aside (doubtful), I really wonder if some of the tout ticket agencies got first pickings?!!
I then asked about Warwick Castle and the best he could do for me was Row H! After one minute!!! I booked that as I was booking for 2 friends too but when he said that the best for Chatsworth House (all the others are General Admission) was Row S, I told him not to bother! I was not impressed.
Thankfully a friend sent me a link to somewhere online to buy tickets (at face value) and I managed to get front row seats for Leeds Castle, Warwick Castle and Chatsworth House so (eventually) I was quite happy!!
I now have 3 Row H seats available for Warwick Castle....!