Travels to see Kasim

This is my online diary of my trips to see Kasim.
I'm really writing this diary for (a) myself and (b) my friends but I know that other people will hit it too so feel free to browse around! Just remember that this is the way that I choose to live part of my life - I don't make judgements on the way your live your life so kindly show me the same respect.

Click the envelope icon to have the posts sent to your e-mail account.

Monday, October 19, 2009

New York City to home

I got up at 4.30am today, had a quick shower and left by 5am. I filled up the car and drove to JFK Airport which was only about 15 minutes away. I returned my car and I had driven 2,703 miles!

I checked in quickly enough and was delighted that I could go through the fast lane at Security as I have an American Airlines gold card! We boarded at about 8am ad had an identical breakfast and snack on the 8.25am flight as we used to back in 2006! Unfortunately the films were the same as when I came over too so I just read.

There were strong winds so we landed 30 minutes early. There was the longest queue for immigration that I’ve seen but at least it meant that my bag was waiting for me! I rang the car park company and they arrived within about 10 minutes so I collected my car and was home by about 10.10pm.

And that was my first visit to the US to see the Kasim Sulton Band! 10 days, 5 gigs, 8 hotels, 2,703 miles driven and some brilliant memories!

And it’s only another 32 days until their next gig!

(Updates on Sue's life continue on Twitter here!)