Travels to see Kasim

This is my online diary of my trips to see Kasim.
I'm really writing this diary for (a) myself and (b) my friends but I know that other people will hit it too so feel free to browse around! Just remember that this is the way that I choose to live part of my life - I don't make judgements on the way your live your life so kindly show me the same respect.

Click the envelope icon to have the posts sent to your e-mail account.

Friday, October 16, 2009

A morning in Chicago

I didn’t set the alarm today but I still woke up at about 6.30am. It’s really lovely and peaceful here. I was booked on a two hour walking tour of Chicago but I decided not to go as I have a lot that I want to do today and it’s raining and not much above freezing at the moment, plus all the morning rush-hour traffic to get into Chicago doesn’t appeal to me.

Instead I stayed in my room and did some bits online. The company publishing my book has said that it’s now being printed and then they just have to laminate and trim it so I wanted to get the website ready to sell it. It’s 340 pages in length but I should be able to still sell it for under £10 which hopefully will maximise sales as I’m selling it to raise money for a cancer research charity. I also had a phone call from Rebecca who I’m meeting for the first time tonight at dinner (we’ve been e-mailing since about March) and she sounds really nice.

Later in the morning I went out to a couple of shops I wanted to visit and then had lunch at a Panda Express as I know they do Orange Chicken (which I love). While I was in the car my Swedish friend rang to say that he was in London this weekend and could we meet up. I explained that I was in Chicago but he leaves London on Monday evening which is when I get home!

I got back to my room at about 2pm and am getting some webpages ready on KasimInfo.com as the next few days are going to be quite hectic but seeing Kasim on stage 3 times in 3 days sounds good to me!

Labels: