Travels to see Kasim

This is my online diary of my trips to see Kasim.
I'm really writing this diary for (a) myself and (b) my friends but I know that other people will hit it too so feel free to browse around! Just remember that this is the way that I choose to live part of my life - I don't make judgements on the way your live your life so kindly show me the same respect.

Click the envelope icon to have the posts sent to your e-mail account.

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Curse Of The Dog Tour

In a couple of hours Kasim goes on stage in Hamburg.
Unfortunately I'm sitting here at home.
I got up at 2.00am ready for my 4.45am sailing but my lodger was VERY sick. He was in absolute agony and had a raging temperature. I couldn't really leave him like that and trundle off to Dover so I drove him to the hospital and they operated on him within an hour. It turns out that one of the cancer drugs had caused a stomach ulcer which had perforated. The doctor said that if he had got to hospital an hour later they doubt that he would have made it. He's in Intensive Care and they say he's not out of the woods yet.
A friend lives near Crystal Palace where ColdPlay are playing a massive open air gig tonight so she's invited me over to have a barbeque and sit in the garden and listen to a free concert! It won't be the same as seeing Kasim but it beats working.
I think this tour is cursed for me.....