Travels to see Kasim

This is my online diary of my trips to see Kasim.
I'm really writing this diary for (a) myself and (b) my friends but I know that other people will hit it too so feel free to browse around! Just remember that this is the way that I choose to live part of my life - I don't make judgements on the way your live your life so kindly show me the same respect.

Click the envelope icon to have the posts sent to your e-mail account.

Sunday, June 19, 2005

My worst ever concert

Well, somehow I managed to survive my Ireland weekend but I doubt very much that I'll ever go to a gig in that country again. I'll write more details tomorrow but basically the Belfast gig was great but the Dublin one was the worst concert I've ever experienced.
Technically Dublin was probably better than Belfast (certainly the looks on the faces of both Meat Loaf and Kasim seemed to show that they loved the crowd's reaction) but from just before Meat Loaf came on stage until the end of their set, where I was standing people were pushing almost constantly. The trouble was that we stood towards the side of the stage so people who arrived late thought that they could get close that way. Security waded in twice and I saw at least two fights (scuffles) break out!
I go to a lot of gigs (not just Meat Loaf) so it's not like I'm not used to rowdy crowds but it was a hot day, people had been there for several hours and obviously had drunk a lot and were adamant that they were getting to the front. I've been almost swept off my feet by a crowd before (most memorably in Dublin back in 1996) but I've never struggled to keep my balance for the whole 90 minutes of a concert and this is how it was. I was actually glad when the concert finished.
Anyone want to buy a ticket for the County Kerry concert?

0 Comments:

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home