Travels to see Kasim

This is my online diary of my trips to see Kasim.
I'm really writing this diary for (a) myself and (b) my friends but I know that other people will hit it too so feel free to browse around! Just remember that this is the way that I choose to live part of my life - I don't make judgements on the way your live your life so kindly show me the same respect.

Click the envelope icon to have the posts sent to your e-mail account.

Thursday, July 14, 2005

US plans

My original plan for the US concerts was to fly to Biloxi, drive to Robinsonville and go to that concert in Mississippi, then travel down to Florida for the Clearwater and Miami concerts, travel up to Biloxi for the last concert and fly home from there. They've since added another concert (the final one of the tour) at Kansas City so obviously I want to stay for that, plus I'm now travelling with some friends for part of the trip.
I've been keeping an eye on the cost of flights to and from Biloxi and they've been about £440. Biloxi to Kansas City is about 14 hours by car (900 miles) and as one concert is the day after another, flying is really the best option. A return flight from Biloxi to Kansas City is slightly over £100.
Today I thought I would try costing a roundtrip of London to Memphis (the nearest airport to Robinsonville), Biloxi to Kansas City and Kansas City to London and it only costs £460 including all taxes so I was really happy with that! I've also wanted to visit Graceland for quite a while so hopefully I can fit that in too!