Travels to see Kasim

This is my online diary of my trips to see Kasim.
I'm really writing this diary for (a) myself and (b) my friends but I know that other people will hit it too so feel free to browse around! Just remember that this is the way that I choose to live part of my life - I don't make judgements on the way your live your life so kindly show me the same respect.

Click the envelope icon to have the posts sent to your e-mail account.

Sunday, July 03, 2005

Harewood House

I set off at about 11.00am and it was a steady drive with not too much traffic up the M11 and then onto the A1(M). I stopped for some lunch on the way and reached Harewood House at about 4.00pm which was when the car park was supposed to have opened. It had obviously opened earlier as there were already cars in there and I was greeted with the amazing sight of about half a mile of people across a field in an orderly queue....only in England!!
I joined the queue and just sat in the sun. Loads of people had picnics and folding chairs. They opened the gates at about 6.00pm and I managed to make my way to about the 6th row on Kasim's side. There was nobody tall in front of me so I had a perfect view.
I've written a review on KI.com but it was one of my favourite concerts of the tour (so far) especially as Two Outta Three Ain't Bad was added to the set and the instrumental in the middle of that was brilliant!
The concert finished at 10.50pm and I was back at my car by 11.00pm but I didn't get out of the grounds until 12.30am as every single vehicle had to go through one archway! To make it worse I couldn't get a signal on my mobile phone so I couldn't even ring the people I promised to give a concert report to!
The trip home was long and I had to pull over once for a catnap and once for petrol so I didn't get home until 5.00am. I fell into bed and getting up at 6.30am was difficult!

Mileage today: 464 miles
Tour total (in my car) –4, 537 miles