Travels to see Kasim

This is my online diary of my trips to see Kasim.
I'm really writing this diary for (a) myself and (b) my friends but I know that other people will hit it too so feel free to browse around! Just remember that this is the way that I choose to live part of my life - I don't make judgements on the way your live your life so kindly show me the same respect.

Click the envelope icon to have the posts sent to your e-mail account.

Saturday, July 16, 2005

Warwick Castle

My English geography really isn't too good! Originally I thought that Warwick was up near Liverpool somewhere so I was going to stay up there but it turns out that it's south of Birmingham and according to MapQuest.com would only take me 2 hours and 8 minutes to get there! It also gave me a chance to drive along the M40 which I haven't been along before so that was interesting (I'm not looking forward to going back to Liverpool tomorrow as I prefer driving somewhere different!).
I set off at about 4.00pm and stopped for something to eat on the way so I reached Warwick just before 7.00pm. Warwick is in "Shakespeare Country" and is a lovely city although a bit hilly! The castle car park was full, as were the first couple of car parks in the city that I found but I soon parked in another and thankfully it was free.
It took me 10 minutes to walk to the castle and then another 10 minutes in the grounds as they took us all along some footpaths and we ended up at the back. I feel so sorry for the people back there as they really wouldn't have been able to have spotted anyone on stage but would have had to use the screens instead. It took me almost another 10 minutes to walk to my seat in the third row too!
Unfortunately the stage was a long way back but thankfully I was on Kasim's side! As I wrote in my review at http://www.KasimInfo.com/2005/07/16.html it was another good concert. As most people in my row went to the front, I stayed back in the third row (but moved nearer the middle) and had a perfect view!
I took quite a few photos tonight too. I'm not a natural photographer but I'm really proud of two of them. I'll copy Kasim's method and copy them into seperate posts below. I don't know how these two came out so well when sometimes he was closer to me but they did!
This was the longest concert of the tour so far but as they started earlier, it finished by 10.10pm. We then had the struggle to get out of the grounds as the castle isn't really set up for 16,000 people to exit at once. I just followed the crowd and ended up outside the castle but I wasn't sure where! Thankfully they were well organised and had some locals there with maps to help us! I got back to my car by 10.40pm and made my obligatory call to a friend to report on the concert!
Driving home seemed tough again tonight for some reason! I have a day off tomorrow and I'm not going anywhere near my car as I'm getting weary of driving at the moment!
I got home at 1.30am and got to sleep by 2.00am.

Mileage today: 292 miles

Tour total (in my car) – 6,544 miles