Travels to see Kasim

This is my online diary of my trips to see Kasim.
I'm really writing this diary for (a) myself and (b) my friends but I know that other people will hit it too so feel free to browse around! Just remember that this is the way that I choose to live part of my life - I don't make judgements on the way your live your life so kindly show me the same respect.

Click the envelope icon to have the posts sent to your e-mail account.

Monday, August 29, 2005

Cancelled concert

Please allow me a bit of a rant here! Actually I should have ranted about this a few weeks ago when I got the bad news but I'm still miffed about it!

The Meat Loaf concert on 17th September has been cancelled!!

Well, technically it's postponed but for me it's been cancelled. Not only that but I've bought and paid for 2 internal flights in US for this concert and now I can't use them! I've looked into either staying on or flying back out there for the concert but neither of those options are practical (I started a new job a few months ago as the accountant of an international company and I've been lucky that they've let me have these 10 days off and if I fly back out then it will cost me as much for those 2 days as for the 10 days!).

Of course anyone who knows me will know that this isn't the first time that Meat Loaf will have cancelled a gig on me (in fact at a conservative estimate it's the 28th time!) but it really annoys me that this gig was cancelled a couple of weeks after tickets went on sale so loads of fans will have made plans! In fact there were 6 of us meeting up there and now there are people like me who won't be able to attend, other people who are paying mega bucks (I'm talking $200+) to change their plans and other people who will have to take time off work as the new concert is on a work day. I can appreciate that the venue wants Meat Loaf for 2 shows instead of just 1 but why not stick to the original date and just add the other at the end of the tour? They're going back to Atlantic City for an extra date so why not go back to Kansas City too?!!

Rant over....