Travels to see Kasim

This is my online diary of my trips to see Kasim.
I'm really writing this diary for (a) myself and (b) my friends but I know that other people will hit it too so feel free to browse around! Just remember that this is the way that I choose to live part of my life - I don't make judgements on the way your live your life so kindly show me the same respect.

Click the envelope icon to have the posts sent to your e-mail account.

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Back out to NYC

For the first time in about 10 years I didn't have a flight to the US at the crack of dawn! As Kasim's gig doesn't start tomorrow until 10pm US time (3am UK time) I decided not to fly in tomorrow or I really wouldn't be able to enjoy the gig properly.
Instead I caught the 6.35pm American Airlines flight today which meant that I didn't have to leave my house until early afternoon. I'm using up some of my Air Miles so it was a "free" flight (except for taxes) but it does mean that I'm having to fly home from NYC to London via Chicago on Sunday! So much for being environmentally friendly.
There was little traffic on the roads to the airport and they've just introduced self-service check-in at Heathrow so that was a breeze. As I was early I had about two hours spare at the airport.
The plane took off about 30 minutes late but we landed 45 minutes early at 8.45pm which was good. On the way over I saw the latest Harry Potter film (the Half Blood Prince) and the film The Time Travellers Wife which was okay.
Immigration took about half an hour as another plane had landed just before ours but thankfully the guy didn't give me the third degree. In fact he didn't even ask me how long I was staying. The hotel shuttle-bus arrived quite promptly so I got to my room by 10.20pm NYC time. There's a strong wireless Internet signal and the heater works well so I'm happy!
Considering my body thinks it's almost 4.30am, I actually don't feel too tired but I will be going to bed soon!