Travels to see Kasim

This is my online diary of my trips to see Kasim.
I'm really writing this diary for (a) myself and (b) my friends but I know that other people will hit it too so feel free to browse around! Just remember that this is the way that I choose to live part of my life - I don't make judgements on the way your live your life so kindly show me the same respect.

Click the envelope icon to have the posts sent to your e-mail account.

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Car worries

I'm getting some concerns about my car on this tour. It (and I) are going to have to travel some loooong distances and I hope that both of us make it okay. I have an oldish car so I hope it lasts!

We managed to bring my town to a halt on Thursday night as the clutch cable on the car snapped and I had to drive it to the garage in second gear all the way! Although it was 10.00pm at night, a large queue formed behind me and then it stalled at a junction where there are roadworks anyway. A few cars overtook me (blaring their horns!) and then two cars stopped to help. Then the police arrived with all flashing lights as they didn't know what the hold-up was!! Thankfully one of the guys was a mechanic so he drove it to the garage while I got a lift in his girlfriend's car - due to the embarrassment, I may have to move house now!!

Today I looked at the cost of European breakdown insurance and it's very expensive. For my car just for my first trip away (3rd to 7th June) they quoted £72 which is well over $100.