Travels to see Kasim

This is my online diary of my trips to see Kasim.
I'm really writing this diary for (a) myself and (b) my friends but I know that other people will hit it too so feel free to browse around! Just remember that this is the way that I choose to live part of my life - I don't make judgements on the way your live your life so kindly show me the same respect.

Click the envelope icon to have the posts sent to your e-mail account.

Monday, June 06, 2005

Bonn concert

I woke at 8.00am but dosed until 10.00am as I’ll be up for over 24 hours today. I spent all morning and until 3.00pm writing my reviews and doing some work on my laptop.

I left at 3.30pm and drove into Bonn and easily found the venue and somewhere to park. I joined the queue by about 4.15pm and already there were about 100 fans there – some had started queuing at noon! I found some friends and joined them there while we listened to the soundcheck, mainly Kasim’s bass and John’s drumming with no vocals.

The gates opened at 6.00pm by which time the middle of my back was really aching and my feet were sore but amazingly I forgot all about that during the concert itself! My friends had opted to stand over on the right hand side of the stage (as Meat Loaf spends more time over there on this tour) so we separated and I stood in the second row to the left of Randy….perfect! As I got there some guy was talking in a very broad Northern English accent so I started chatting to him and his wife (she had won tickets on a radio show). It turns out that he was brought up about 2 miles from where I now live! A Dutch girl I know also came and stood near me so I had someone else to chat to too.

I’ll add a full review at http://www.KasimInfo.com/2005/06/06.html but it was another good concert (but my favourite was still Skive). I spoke to some fans after the concert and several of them were disappointed that it only lasted just the hour and a half and no longer. Lots of them were expecting “a full Meaty concert” as they called it but all they got was the same setlist as at the venues – I think we just have to accept that that is the setlist for the tour now.

I only took a couple of photos at this concert. I’m not a natural photographer as I like to just enjoy the concert, whereas one friend of mine is only happy when she can take photos at the concert. I just got my camera out for Mercury Blues and snapped a couple of shots – I got one good one of Kasim! Kasim looked really good again tonight – he’s wearing some great clothes on this tour!


I left almost straight after the concert and bought a tour programme on the way out. There are 14 photos of Kasim in it, mainly taken from the CHSIB tour.

I set off by 10.00pm and easily found my way out of Bonn onto the autobahn. I kept at about 85mph (remember there is no speed limit on the autobahns) and drove from Germany into Holland into Belgium and into France. I had a quick 10 minute catnap at a motorway service station in Belgium but felt okay other than that.

I reached Calais by about 3.00am and there was a boat leaving at 3.15am so I was allowed on it which was handy! There were a few coaches on it so the boat was busy but not too crowded. Unfortunately there was only one lounge on the boat so that got busy and very noisy so I couldn’t dose.

We docked at 4.45am = 3.45am UK time but there was some problem with docking so we didn’t unload until 4.10am. There was nobody at customs again so I sailed through. Thankfully it was already light by now so it was easy to drive home. I got home at 5.20am and was in bed by 5.30am!

Mileage today: 364 miles
Tour total –1,822 miles