Travels to see Kasim

This is my online diary of my trips to see Kasim.
I'm really writing this diary for (a) myself and (b) my friends but I know that other people will hit it too so feel free to browse around! Just remember that this is the way that I choose to live part of my life - I don't make judgements on the way your live your life so kindly show me the same respect.

Click the envelope icon to have the posts sent to your e-mail account.

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Back to Clearwater

We woke at about 8.30am and I was the third person to use the shower. Pat had had some trouble turning it off and said that there was some water on the floor but when I was just finishing maintene0ance knocked on the door as somehow there was water in the hallway outside! Apparently Pat had turned the tap too much which had flooded the system! They put carpet dryers outside but when we left 2 hours later the carpet was still wet!

We went downstairs and had breakfast in a lovely cafe there (for the first time on this trip to US I had my usual bagel and cream cheese). Ann and I went back to our room while Pat waited downstairs. After we’d checked out Pat told us that she’d bumped into the tour manager who she’s very friendly with and gave us the low-down on that!

We left Hollywood at about 11.30pm (after stopping to take some distance photos of the hotel). Unfortunately A & P wanted to stop at an outlet mall (yawn!) so that added another couple of hours onto our journey. I sat in the sun doing some work on my handheld computer but after about half an hour it was getting red-hot so I stopped and read instead.

When they got back to the car with all their purchases we went for a meal at a Perkins but I was disappointed to see that they didn’t have their gorgeous pasta dish that they used to have on the menu a couple of years ago!

We didn’t get back to Clearwater until about 8.00pm so it was just chat-time until bed at 1.00am (A was wiped out and went about an hour earlier).