Travels to see Kasim

This is my online diary of my trips to see Kasim.
I'm really writing this diary for (a) myself and (b) my friends but I know that other people will hit it too so feel free to browse around! Just remember that this is the way that I choose to live part of my life - I don't make judgements on the way your live your life so kindly show me the same respect.

Click the envelope icon to have the posts sent to your e-mail account.

Monday, September 12, 2005

Unwell in Clearwater

Today was not a good day for me!

I hadn’t got to sleep until about 3.00am and I was woken at 7.00am by the sound of someone moving stuff around in my room! As I was once the victim of an attempted burglary while I was in the building I immediately thought it was happening again so I awoke with a real start! Thankfully it was only Ann going through her luggage but that coupled with the lack of sleep over the past few days meant that I had a really bad headache all day which I just could not shift despite taking tablets! (I was even looking forward to the concert finishing at one point as I felt so bad.)

Anyway we had quite a lazy day and had a look around the condo which is amazing! It’s actually in St Pete’s Beach which is to the west of Clearwater and it overlooks some water which leads into the gulf.


The view from the condo balcony
(They call this locally "the singing bridge" as the cars make a singing sound as they drive across the part where the bridge opens)


This hotel is the Don something and is the sister hotel of one in Miami which was used in the making of the film Some Like It Hot


The view from the other direction


The condo swimming pool:

(I love all the palm trees in Florida!)


We went out to a couple of shops in the late morning and had an early lunch as they wanted to leave SO early for the concert - I can’t believe that I was getting ready for a local concert at 3.00pm!! A & P had a Meet and Greet so they had to be there by 5.00pm but they wanted to get there at 4.15pm! In fact we followed the tour buses for the last 5 miles and they arrived just as we did!

I then sat in the car doing some work for nearly 4 hours.

When I went into the venue my seat was in the second row on Paul’s side of the stage (I’d bought a Gold package as the best the venue could offer was about 12 rows back). Unfortunately Kasim didn’t come over to Paul’s side much but thankfully the stage wasn’t very wide. It was a good concert (but I didn’t think as good as Robinsonville). The good news was that Kasim opened and he actually played The One Sure Thing which was brilliant to hear again! Unfortunately he played several wrong chords in his set but his voice was excellent! There’s a review at http://www.KasimInfo.com/2005/09/12.html.

When we came out of the concert it was still wonderfully warm which I love about Florida! We got back to the condo at about 11.00pm and had a sandwich and another long chat!

I got to sleep at 2.00am.