Travels to see Kasim

This is my online diary of my trips to see Kasim.
I'm really writing this diary for (a) myself and (b) my friends but I know that other people will hit it too so feel free to browse around! Just remember that this is the way that I choose to live part of my life - I don't make judgements on the way your live your life so kindly show me the same respect.

Click the envelope icon to have the posts sent to your e-mail account.

Sunday, September 04, 2005

I'll get to see a Kasim opening set!!!!

It appears that the plans for the Meat Loaf benefit concert have been (almost) finalised and the brilliant news is that Kasim will be opening this concert so I'll get to see at least one opening set while I'm in US!!

It's about a six hour drive from Clearwater to Savannah and it's a General Admission concert which I'm not too keen on but it'll be worth it for those three or four songs!! The good news is that they've set the price at a realistic $25. As the racetrack can hold 10,000 people, they could raise a quarter of a million dollars!
(In case people start having swipes at me over my pleasure in looking forward to seeing Kasim playing an opening set, you may like to know that I've donated my Biloxi concert refund to the Red Cross.)
A few other arrangements have dropped into place as I've made plans to meet up with a friend in Clearwater. She's a fan of Kasim's that I last met in person when I was down there in 1999 on the StoryTellers Tour (I've known her online since about 1998) so it will be good to see her again.
I'm also meeting a really big fan of Kasim's that I've never met before in Memphis the night I arrive in US - I hope I don't fall asleep at the dining table! It's easy enough for some people to think that his fans are just the people who post on his messageboards but Kasim has a whole army out there of dedicated fans who have supported him for years.... just quietly. This is someone that I've been e-mailing on and off for about 6 years so it'll be great to finally meet up!
Meanwhile I have 3 long days of work ahead of me as I have to get the management accounts completed a week ahead of schedule before I can get on that plane!