Travels to see Kasim

This is my online diary of my trips to see Kasim.
I'm really writing this diary for (a) myself and (b) my friends but I know that other people will hit it too so feel free to browse around! Just remember that this is the way that I choose to live part of my life - I don't make judgements on the way your live your life so kindly show me the same respect.

Click the envelope icon to have the posts sent to your e-mail account.

Friday, March 14, 2008

Another Meat Loaf tour, another ticket fiasco!

Some Todd Rundgren tickets went on sale today and it was easy - the first ones who buy tickets get the best seats and the later people get seats behind them.

Not so with Meat Loaf!

For at least the second time (if not the third) Meat Loaf is in the process of changing companies who manage his website and ticketing packages just as concerts are going on sale so nothing is properly in place yet.

The Cork and London tickets have already gone on sale but they were mainly standing so it doesn't matter too much about the order that you order tickets. As both Meat Loaf and his new company are out to make money, it's likely that there'll be Bat Caves or some other way to get more money from his fans but at least most people stand a fair chance of getting a good spot there.

For the seated concerts before all these money-grabbing companies were popular, you could easily log on and buy tickets in the front few rows but not now.

When I went to bed last night, there were supposed to be 5 lots of tickets going on sale at 9.00am today - Liverpool, Norfolk, Bath, Yorkshire and Hampshire. When I logged on at 8.30am this morning TicketMaster said that only Liverpool was going on sale and that would be now at 10.00am. I had a meeting at 9.15am so at 9.10am I had a quick look and saw that tickets were already on sale on TicketMaster! Panic set in!

I quickly logged on and tickets were a shocking £172 (about $340!) and the best I could find then was in row K - 11 rows back! I looked at the cheaper (£48 - $100) seats and the closest there was in row W - 23 rows back! I quickly bought a £172 ticket and rushed off to my meeting.

Afterwards I was really kicking myself as I really doubt that they would sell 10 rows at £172 in 10 minutes so I think they did hold some back. Whether that was for their tout friends to sell on E-Bay or for the Fan Club I wasn't sure about. When I got home I read a huge outcry on Meat Loaf's official website as most people had had as bad a time as me.

The person who currently looks after the board is not the smartest monkey in the jungle and her post just confused the matter even more as she seemed to be conflicting what Meat Loaf's management company said (their part is in italics):
"front row and first-5-row tickets are being held for later release to the fan club ONLY. Please try and be patient."
I assume because of the late transition that went on, so get your tickets through whatever company is selling them over there.
She later posted all excited that she'd managed to find seats in row CC but obviously didn't bother to check that the double letters are behind the single ones so that would be the 29th row!

There's still no clue about when the other concerts will go on sale!

Labels: , ,