Travels to see Kasim

This is my online diary of my trips to see Kasim.
I'm really writing this diary for (a) myself and (b) my friends but I know that other people will hit it too so feel free to browse around! Just remember that this is the way that I choose to live part of my life - I don't make judgements on the way your live your life so kindly show me the same respect.

Click the envelope icon to have the posts sent to your e-mail account.

Saturday, March 01, 2008

Kasim Sulton gig in Atlanta, GA


The gig was better than I expected! Kasim's voice sounded really strong and the 3 guys played well together. There's quite a detailed review (as always!) on KasimInfo.com here.
The parts I didn't put on a public website like that was that the gig seemed a bit forced to me. Kasim didn't seem very relaxed (like he didn't at the other gig that was filmed for a DVD on Staten Island back in about 2004). It probably didn't help that it was the first gig of the "tour" either! We were also warned that the microphones were very sensitive and would pick up any sound so most people kept very quiet during the gig and even Kasim said that we weren't giving anything back to him!
Unfortunately there weren't many people there. I counted about 40 and I was told that only about 30 of them actually paid to get in! If all 129 tickets had been sold they could have taken $7,740. The rental of the hall was only $700 so there could have been some good money made. The irony is that the day before the gig was officially announced, I received an e-mail saying that people should book early or they may not be able to get a ticket!
When I first got to the area I didn't think it could be the correct road as it looked like a little track but inside it was quite decent. We didn't go in until about 10 minutes late but it finished by about 9.30pm. By that time I'd been up for 22 hours and I was shattered (plus I certainly did not want to be filmed at a meet and greet!) so I left straight afterwards.
I got back to my room by about 10.15pm and had a cup of tea before I got to bed at about 11.30pm as I have an early start tomorrow.

Labels: , , ,