Travels to see Kasim

This is my online diary of my trips to see Kasim.
I'm really writing this diary for (a) myself and (b) my friends but I know that other people will hit it too so feel free to browse around! Just remember that this is the way that I choose to live part of my life - I don't make judgements on the way your live your life so kindly show me the same respect.

Click the envelope icon to have the posts sent to your e-mail account.

Saturday, May 20, 2006

Los Angeles

Why do I keep waking up early?!!!
My alarm was set for 8.00am but I woke at 7.00am again so I got up and did some work until I checked out at noon (as I had all day virtually free).
I leisurely drove for the 4 hours to Universal City and stopped for some lunch on the way. I got there at about 6.00pm and did some work in the car.
I left at about 8.00pm as I didn't realise the $10 parking area was so far from the venue. This was easily the largest place that they've played and it was virtually sold out! As I was going into the theatre part someone spotted me and we said hello (how I was recognised in the dark is beyond me!) and during the interval a friend came and found me and we arranged to meet after the gig. My seat was a fair way back considering how early I booked the ticket but it was still a good concert.
Afterwards I met up with my friend and her husband and we walked back to our cars through CityWalk (which is a massive area of shops and bars). We were both in about a 7 storey car park and yet our cars were parked next door to each other!!
We left at about midnight but there was really heavy traffic on the I5 as they got 5 lanes down to one due to roadworks overnight!
I got to my friend's house by 1.30am and we chatted for a while so we got to bed at 3.00am.