Travels to see Kasim

This is my online diary of my trips to see Kasim.
I'm really writing this diary for (a) myself and (b) my friends but I know that other people will hit it too so feel free to browse around! Just remember that this is the way that I choose to live part of my life - I don't make judgements on the way your live your life so kindly show me the same respect.

Click the envelope icon to have the posts sent to your e-mail account.

Thursday, May 18, 2006

The Hoover Dam



My alarm was set for 8.00am but I woke at 7.00am so I got up and went for a swim while my laundry was in the washing machine - I live such an exciting life! I had the included breakfast and left at 11.00am.
It was about a 7 hour drive from Phoenix to Las Vegas but it was really pretty as it there were loads of mountains around. I also went over the Hoover Dam so I stopped to take a few photos.
I got to Las Vegas at about 7.00pm (as I stopped for something to eat enroute). I'm staying off the strip (as I saw it in 2000 and it's cheaper here) at the Fiesta Hotel. The room is really nice but the wireless Internet signal was low the whole time. I had to do the payroll for work so I HAD to get it off so in the end I used the cable connection in the room after I'd rung Cox Internet 3 times and engineers from the hotel had reset my connection twice.
Due to all that I didn't get to bed until 3.00am but at least everyone will be paid!