Travels to see Kasim

This is my online diary of my trips to see Kasim.
I'm really writing this diary for (a) myself and (b) my friends but I know that other people will hit it too so feel free to browse around! Just remember that this is the way that I choose to live part of my life - I don't make judgements on the way your live your life so kindly show me the same respect.

Click the envelope icon to have the posts sent to your e-mail account.

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Newark to London via Chicago


My alarm was set for 4am but I woke up at 3.30am so I decided to get up then. I had a shower and checked out and there was nobody on the gate so I could have got away with not paying to park my car after all!

I drove to Newark Airport, left my car (I only drove 287 miles this weekend) and caught the AirTrain to my terminal. I quickly checked in and went through security. As I knew I'd be sitting a lot today, I had a wander around the airport.

I caught the 6.35am American Airlines flight to Chicago and there weren't many people on board. There was a lovely blue sky with no clouds in Newark and exactly the same in Chicago but it was heavy cloud all the way in between so I couldn't see much out of the window. We arrived about 20 minutes early and my gate was only a few away. Again I chose to have a wander around the airport and it was interesting as there were little biographies of famous aviators who came from or were associated with Chicago such as Lindberg.

I caught the 9.10am (Chicago-time) American Airlines flight to Heathrow. The plane was quite empty so I had a double seat to myself. In fact there were only 10 people in my cabin! It was an older plane so there was no choice of films to watch so I just read all the way.

We landed half an hour early at 10.15pm UK time. Thankfully Immigration was fast and so was my suitcase and the mini-bus to collect my car so I was on the road by 11.30pm. I got home by about 12.45am and started unpacking before I went to bed after a brilliant weekend!