Travels to see Kasim

This is my online diary of my trips to see Kasim.
I'm really writing this diary for (a) myself and (b) my friends but I know that other people will hit it too so feel free to browse around! Just remember that this is the way that I choose to live part of my life - I don't make judgements on the way your live your life so kindly show me the same respect.

Click the envelope icon to have the posts sent to your e-mail account.

Saturday, June 04, 2005

Skive, Denmark

I set my alarm for 8.00am and had the included continental breakfast over at the restaurant near the motel. I left at 9.30am and drove up through the rest of Germany into Denmark. There was no border control so I just drove across but I did remember from my last visit here in 1996 that you have to drive with your headlights on all the time in Denmark.

I was going fine until the RAC directions said that I had to follow the 23 “direction Juelsminde”. I turned off onto that single track road and drove for about 25 miles when I reached Juelsminde and the road led into a pedestrian only area! I got out my map and by following that I should have followed the 23 in the opposite direction towards Viborg!! So that added another 50 miles onto my journey.

It rained hard nearly all the way so, as I wrote in my review at http://www.KasimInfo.com/2005/06/04.html, after watching the end of Mel C’s set I came back to my car and did some work for a couple of hours. I then wandered back to the festival and had a perfect view of Kasim throughout the whole set – brilliant!!

I left straight after the festival and found my way to the hotel I’d booked on the edge of a fjord. I had to ask a couple of times for directions but I got there by 1.30am. I have a lovely room so I had a quick cup of tea and got to bed by 2.00am exhausted again!

Tour total – 815 miles (not including ferries)