Travels to see Kasim

This is my online diary of my trips to see Kasim.
I'm really writing this diary for (a) myself and (b) my friends but I know that other people will hit it too so feel free to browse around! Just remember that this is the way that I choose to live part of my life - I don't make judgements on the way your live your life so kindly show me the same respect.

Click the envelope icon to have the posts sent to your e-mail account.

Friday, September 16, 2005

Off to Savannah!

We woke at about 7.30am and I went for a swim. I did 20 lengths and then sat in the hot pool before drying off on a lounger in the sun as it was already warm by then!


These dogs are available on the merchandise stall - this one is guarding our second row seats in Orlando!

(If anyone is interested in some 5th row seats there, please e-mail me!)


Originally we were supposed to drive to Biloxi today for the concert. Obviously it’s been cancelled and it was a relief that we didn’t have that long drive. Instead we had *only* a 6 hour drive up to Savannah in Georgia. Both Ann and I said that after that 15 hour drive on Sunday, 6 hours to a concert is nothing!



We had to stop at a store and then we got on the road at 1.00pm. We had one stop for lunch at about 3.00pm and reached Pooler by 8.00pm. (On the way we stopped at the Georgia state sign!) As this was a General Admission concert as soon as it was announced I booked a single room as I didn’t expect that Pat especially would want to go to a GA show. She was sure that it would still be seated (I didn’t think it would) so they booked a hotel for all of us too. As I had a load of website work to do for a couple of clients (and I just don’t seem to get the time at the condo) I opted to keep my single room so that I could just catch up a bit. By coincidence our hotels were opposite each other along the 80W (which is also the road where the venue is). When Ann and Pat checked into their hotel there was a flyer for the concert tomorrow and Kasim gets a mention as the opening act! The same flyer was also at my hotel so someone has done a good job of publicity.

I’m in a Travelodge Suites and it’s adequate. Thankfully there’s a Chinese restaurant next door so I finally got to eat the orange chicken that I love so much in US, that I’ve been unable to find anywhere in UK! In the Chinese there were 2 free newspapers which both mention the concert - Kasim gets a mention too on one but his name is spelt as Kazim Sultan! One of the articles said that ny Wednesday they had only sold 1,000 tickets (this venue holds 10,000) so possibly it won't be too crowded.

I ate in my room, did some work and watched the US TV that I’m fascinated by!

I got to sleep at 2.00am.