Travels to see Kasim

This is my online diary of my trips to see Kasim.
I'm really writing this diary for (a) myself and (b) my friends but I know that other people will hit it too so feel free to browse around! Just remember that this is the way that I choose to live part of my life - I don't make judgements on the way your live your life so kindly show me the same respect.

Click the envelope icon to have the posts sent to your e-mail account.

Saturday, January 14, 2006

The inevitable has happened

Lots of my friends already know this but for those I forgot to tell (apologies as I've been up in the air this week) Tony passed away on Tuesday evening.

He outlived the two months they gave him and only died at the end because his tube came out on Sunday and he refused to have an operation to have it replaced . The doctor spoke to him twice so that he really knew what would happen but he opted to take that rather than being in so much pain for a few (or maybe only a couple more weeks) as the cancer had spread from his bladder to his liver, lungs and bones. His family were all with him at the end and they said that he was unsettled all day but that the last couple of hours were very peaceful.

The funeral isn't until Friday 27th! He'll have been dead for two and a half weeks by then! Apparently there's a backlog after Christmas. His family can't face clearing out his room until then so things are a bit in limbo at the moment.

The flat feels really empty these last few days (although he's been in hospital and then the hospice since the end of November) and even last night when I got in, I caught myself looking to see if there was a light on in his room
as I pulled up in my car..