Travels to see Kasim

This is my online diary of my trips to see Kasim.
I'm really writing this diary for (a) myself and (b) my friends but I know that other people will hit it too so feel free to browse around! Just remember that this is the way that I choose to live part of my life - I don't make judgements on the way your live your life so kindly show me the same respect.

Click the envelope icon to have the posts sent to your e-mail account.

Thursday, April 01, 2010

Another Kasim / TR tour

It was an early start for me today as I'd decided to drive into work so that I can drive to Heathrow in case my flight is delayed on the return journey or I'd be cutting it quite fine for catching the last train home.

I work for an Artists' Management Company (we book concerts, TV etc for musicians) and thankfully they're very flexible about hours so I worked from 8am straight through to 3pm.
I left on time and it was supposed to have taken 31 minutes to get to Heathrow but, with it being the first day of a four day weekend (Easter) and roadworks, I didn't park by car until 4.20pm and I was on a 6.30pm flight! Thankfully the minibus driver drove us very quickly to the airport despite some heavy traffic in the area so it was 5.04pm when I checked in. I'm someone who likes to get to an airport 2-3 hours before my flight so I was a bit stressed, even more so when the machine wouldn't give me my boarding pass! Thankfully it was all sorted out quite quickly and security was quite empty so I made the gate in plenty of time.

I was on the American Airlines Heathrow to JFK 6.30pm flight which took off about half an hour late. It was very busy but I'd booked a window seat so I was okay. The food was decent enough and I just read and watched a couple of TV programmes because the person in front had their seat down so I couldn't use my laptop.

We landed about 45 minutes early at 8.45pm US time (1.45am body time). As I was near the front of the plane I managed to get through immigration quite quickly. They'll often give me the third degree (because I've been over here so much) but I got chatting to the guy about his tattoo so he was quite friendly and only asked how long I was staying.

I got to my hotel at 10.20pm. As I won't be here for long, I just booked a cheap Motel 8 (not that hotels near JFK are very cheap!). My room is basic but adequate. It's a basement room but the heating is good so that's okay. As I didn't feel tired I just watched something on iPlayer and got to sleep at about midnight.