Travels to see Kasim

This is my online diary of my trips to see Kasim.
I'm really writing this diary for (a) myself and (b) my friends but I know that other people will hit it too so feel free to browse around! Just remember that this is the way that I choose to live part of my life - I don't make judgements on the way your live your life so kindly show me the same respect.

Click the envelope icon to have the posts sent to your e-mail account.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Kansas City, MO

My alarm was set for 6am but I work up naturally at 5.20am again (how weird!). I left at 8.15am for the six hour drive to Kansas City. Surprisingly the journey went very quickly for me. I stopped at a Denny’s for a late breakfast at about 11.30am.

A lot of my drive was along the historic Route 66:


I reached Kansas City at about 2pm. I was going to stop off in a town called Independence where President Harry Truman lived but the house was closed for renovation. I drove into the city and easily found the venue where Kasim is playing tonight.


Kansas City skyline:


I’m staying out at the airport which is to the west of Kansas City so that’s added about an extra 20 miles to my journey! I spent the rest of the afternoon doing some work in my room and left at about 6.30pm.




I got to the venue far too early so I sat outside for about half an hour. It was quite a busy place but when I went in, I really struggled to find where Kasim was playing. As I wrote in my review, thankfully I met someone who I had corresponded with via email who showed me where he was playing.


Kasim played a great gig but it’s a shame there was so few people there, especially as it was also for a charity as I doubt that they took much either.


As there were so few people there I stayed around for a while afterwards but still managed to get back to my room by 11pm. I went straight to sleep as tomorrow will be a very long day ….but fun!