Travels to see Kasim

This is my online diary of my trips to see Kasim.
I'm really writing this diary for (a) myself and (b) my friends but I know that other people will hit it too so feel free to browse around! Just remember that this is the way that I choose to live part of my life - I don't make judgements on the way your live your life so kindly show me the same respect.

Click the envelope icon to have the posts sent to your e-mail account.

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Kasim's gig in Fort Atkinson

After my segway tour I drove up to Fort Atkinson in Wisconsin. It was supposed to take about 2.5 hours but there was some construction and subsequent delays near the airport so it took me closer to 3.5 hours. I had planned to have a late lunch at a restaurant near a lake close to the venue but instead I stopped on the tollway and had some of my favourite Chinese – orange chicken at a Panda Express.

As I then reached Fort Atkinson early I drove to the lake (which was very peaceful) and found the restaurant but it looked much better on its website so that all worked out quite well.

I drove back to Café Carpe and arrived about 10 minutes before Kasim’s gig was supposed to start at 5pm. I saw Kasim’s other gig here in 2002 and I didn’t remember the venue at all until I walked into the room where he played and then I did! It was about three quarters full (but it is a small room). That actually made the gig really special. Kasim, of course, put on a great gig. His set was list was almost the same as last night except for a couple of changes (I’ve added a review at KasimInfo.com).

The funniest thing during the gig was that Kasim was talking about his last solo gig and asked me which date it was in February. I don’t know what was more bizarre – the fact that he expected me to know the date or the fact that I did (19th)! He also dedicated my favourite song The One Sure Thing to me again and said that he always dedicates the song to me whether I’m at the gig or not!

As I was feeling tired and had a 2.5 hour drive back to my hotel I left straight afterwards and got back by 10pm and to bed by 11pm – I’m really living it up on this holiday!!!