Travels to see Kasim

This is my online diary of my trips to see Kasim.
I'm really writing this diary for (a) myself and (b) my friends but I know that other people will hit it too so feel free to browse around! Just remember that this is the way that I choose to live part of my life - I don't make judgements on the way your live your life so kindly show me the same respect.

Click the envelope icon to have the posts sent to your e-mail account.

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Downtown Dallas


I'd set my alarm for 8.00am but I woke up at 7.00am. Unfortunately the swimming pool doesn't open until 10.00am so I just did some work in my room and had my included breakfast which was basically toast!

My friend arrived at 11.00am and we drove into Downtown Dallas via Dealey Plaza! We went around The 6th Floor Book Depository Museum which was fascinating! It was one of those where they had an audio tour (plus videos on the way round) and it was packed with info. On the 7th floor there was also a video about the press coverage which was interesting too. They even had a photo of JFK taken on the day I was born! (I was born on a famous day in US history.)

It was so detailed that we didn't get out of there until 3.00pm! We then went to the Grassy Knoll (see photos below) and (accidentally) found the JFK Memorial (which is very unimpressive). As we were walking along I was looking ahead of me and didn't realise that the pavement (sidewalk) was uneven and one slab was sticking up so I badly stabbed my big toes on it!

We then went into The Conspiracy Museum which was also very interesting. They also have small sections about the Robert Kennedy and Martin Luther King Jr asasinations. We also sat and watched about a half hour documentary (I needed to rest my foot) about 10 questions raised about the Warren Commission. The most fascinating thing I found was the fact(?) that Kennedy was loaded into an ornate coffin at the airport but arrived at his autopsy in a plain coffin in just a body bag.

Afterwards we fancied something to eat and found a restaurant where we sat outside and chatted for about two hours! As it's Mother's Day over here today they gave all the females a rose which was a nice touch. Unfortunately when we left I discovered that my big toe had swollen to double it's size and I can't bend it which makes walking difficult!

We got back to my hotel at about 8.00pm and I've spent the last couple of hours doing some accounts work. Now I have to get an early night as I have to leave at 4.00am tomorrow!

A view of The Grassy Knoll (the car is roughly where the limo was when the fatal shot was fired):


The Book Depository viewed from The Grassy Knoll

A close-up of the Book Depository - the window where Oswald fired from was the second window down at the far end

The fence on the Grassy Knoll where a second gunman may have been