Travels to see Kasim

This is my online diary of my trips to see Kasim.
I'm really writing this diary for (a) myself and (b) my friends but I know that other people will hit it too so feel free to browse around! Just remember that this is the way that I choose to live part of my life - I don't make judgements on the way your live your life so kindly show me the same respect.

Click the envelope icon to have the posts sent to your e-mail account.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Phoenix

We got up at 8.00am and left by 9.15am. It was about 6 hours to Phoenix but I hit some traffic as I reached the city. I stopped for lunch on the way (I hardly ate all day yesterday!) so I didn't get to my hotel until 5.00pm.
I left again at 6.30pm and drove into central Phoenix (I'm staying out in an area called Mesa). I found the main area okay (there are loads of convention centres) but I couldn't find the venue so I decided to park and walk. I asked the attendant where the Dodge Theatre is and she said that I was on 3rd Street and it was up on 3rd Avenue! Trust me!
I had a spare ticket so I tried to sell it (even $1 was better than nothing!) but the tout I asked doubted that he'd even sell those he had! My seat was in the front row and about 4 feet from Kasim when he was at his microphone - perfect! My toe still hurts if I stand for too long so I sat through Blondie's set. I stood all through The New Cars but I had to keep shifting my position and sometimes rested one leg up on my seat.
It was a great concert but I didn't enjoy it as much as I should have (in the main part due to my foot). It's my last concert right near the front (unless they allow us to stand at other venues) so I enjoyed seeing "the whites of their eyes"! Phoenix was 102 degrees today (wonderful!) and the AC wasn't too fierce in the theatre so they were soon all getting very hot on stage. Elliot took his jacket off after about one song and Kasim took his off earlier than normal. (He really is wearing some lovely clothes on this tour!!) Todd kept wiping his glasses as they were getting all sweaty!
I got out of the car park quite quickly and got back to my hotel by 11.30pm. I had some website work to do for one of my clients so I didn't get to bed until 2.00am.