Travels to see Kasim

This is my online diary of my trips to see Kasim.
I'm really writing this diary for (a) myself and (b) my friends but I know that other people will hit it too so feel free to browse around! Just remember that this is the way that I choose to live part of my life - I don't make judgements on the way your live your life so kindly show me the same respect.

Click the envelope icon to have the posts sent to your e-mail account.

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Trip to Norway!

It's not been easy but I'm finally all booked to see Kasim Sulton playing in a festival with Todd Rundgren in Norway next month!

The festival is near Oslo so I looked at flights into that city and they're about the £230 mark which isn't much less than I pay to fly to NYC! I then found a cheapie airline that flies into an airport near Oslo but most of the car hire places there are closed at the weekend! I eventually found a car hire place that is open both days (I'm flying in on the Saturday and out on the Sunday) so I booked the two return flights for less than £1! Of course with charges it came up to about £30 but that's still a bargain. It'll mean driving about 50 miles to Oslo but I've never driven in Norway before so that'll be an adventure.

I then booked my festival ticket and was shocked to see that a one day ticket is £72! That's over $100! I know we get The Pretenders too but I thought that was a bit steep. It's no wonder that they can afford to fly Todd in for the one gig.

I've managed to book a nice looking hotel too so I'm all set!


Labels: , , , ,