Travels to see Kasim

This is my online diary of my trips to see Kasim.
I'm really writing this diary for (a) myself and (b) my friends but I know that other people will hit it too so feel free to browse around! Just remember that this is the way that I choose to live part of my life - I don't make judgements on the way your live your life so kindly show me the same respect.

Click the envelope icon to have the posts sent to your e-mail account.

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Oslo - Sunday 14th June 2009



I usually always get up at 6.30am so it was nice not to set my alarm and wake up naturally. I actually woke at about 7am Norwegian time (so 6am UK time anyway!) and it was brilliant sunshine again. (The sun didn’t set until 10.40pm last night as I’m so far north.)


I left the hotel at about 9am and drove into Oslo. I had a look around the city including the Palace but I couldn’t easily find anywhere to park (plus the tour was too late for me to make my flight) so instead I drove over to an island (connected by a bridge) called Bygone or something similar. It has a few tourist things like the Viking Ship Museum. It also has fields of cattle and yet is only five minutes away from the centre of Oslo! Amazing!


I stayed there for a while and then leisurely drove back to Sandefjord Airport. I choose to leave the motorway at one point and drove through some picturesque villages beside a massive lake which was very pretty.


I dropped off my hire car and got to the airport by 3pm by which time my stomach was strongly reminding me that I hadn’t eaten yet today. Unfortunately the airport is limited on the cuisine front so brunch was a hot dog and a much needed cup of tea.


Again I found myself at the front of the queue for the Ryan Air dash onto the plane so I managed to get a window sea okay. The 6.25pm flight left and arrived on time again (to trumpet fanfare again!) and by the time I’d caught a bus to collect my car, it was about 8pm. As I was gasping (food and drink on Ryan Air is notoriously expensive so I won’t buy anything on principal) so I immediately found a motorway service station for a much needed cuppa.


I got home at 9.45pm after a really relaxing weekend away!


Fingers crossed that Kasim soon plays some solo gigs so I can make another trip again soon!